To implement the National Environment Management and the National Wetland Management Policies.
Makindye Ssabagabo Municipality’s natural resources provide continuous sustainable benefits to the communities and mankind in general, and contribute to environmental conservation and protection.
Makindye Ssabagabo Municipality Natural resources conserved and managed sustainably for the benefit of local, national and international community.
- To enhance and improve natural resources knowledge and awareness at Municipality and grassroots levels for effective management and use by the year 2021.
- To strengthen the integration of environmental issues into the planning and budgeting process by the year 2021.
- To strengthen institutional coordination and linkage at all levels for harmonized natural resources management by the year 2021.
- To strengthen the monitoring and evaluation of development activities to ensure compliance with environmental legislations by 2021.
- Restoration of fragile ecosystems
- Fragile ecosystem boundary demarcation
- Dissemination of cleaner production techniques
- Offer technical and expert advice on appropriate environment management at all levels
- Conduct monitoring and appraisal of development activities
- Offer environment protection education services
- Adjudication of land related disputes
- Register caveats, mortgages and other related interests in land