Finance & Planning
The Principle Treasurer/Head of Finance - Ms. Nakalembe Safina
To improve the management and accountability of the financial resources of the municipality.
- To supervise and coordinate department activities in accordance with the Local Governments and Accounting regulations (LGFAR)
- To identify and supervise the collection of sufficient revenue to ensure that service delivery standards are met.
- To promote an accountable Makindye Ssabagabo Municipality Local Government (through preparation of required financial reports in accordance with FAR).
- To contribute to the sustainable growth of the municipal economy through funding sectors.
- The department is largely a service department
- Collection of revenue and availing it various departments
- Provision of financial advice to the municipal council and the various organs of the council.
- Department’s New/ Upcoming Projects
- Regulation of commercial cyclists and park fees.
- Gazetting of the revised Makindye Ssabagabo Municipality ordinance.
- Valuation of properties in the municipal council.
- Registration of properties in the municipality.
- Formation of rates payers associations in Masajja, Ndejje and Bunamwaya divisions.