The Town clerk, Mr. Richard K Monday
Administration and HR
The directorate coordinates the overall functionality of 9 directorates at the Municipality level, 3 lower local governments (divisions) within the municipality.
To develop, manage and administer human resource, municipality policies and systems, for efficient and effective service delivery.
To serve the municipality through a coordinated delivery of services that focus on national and local priorities to promote sustainable and social-economic development.
- To effect administrative checks and supervision at least once a year.
- Ensure management of municipal records
- To ensure coordination of departmental activities
- Ensure award of contracts following the laid down procedures
- To network with national and international bodies and ministries.
- Recruit staff with requisite knowledge experience and skills
- Train and equip staff with relevant knowledge and skills
- To offer staff the necessary welfare and motivation.
- To ensure a safe, clean and conducive work environment
- Disseminate municipality information locally and internationally
To effect administrative checks and supervision;
- Monitoring implementation of LLG and departmental projects.
- Assessment of fulfilment of minimum conditions and performance measures required by the ministry
- Monitoring of lower local governments.
- Attending to lower local governments’ complaints and conflicts.
Ensure management of municipality records;
- Facilitate the prompt delivery of mail
- Appraise the records staff annually
Ensure award of contracts following the laid down procedure;
- Follow guidelines as laid down in the PPDA Act. Obligations of Our Clients:
- Attend to scheduled appointments punctually
- Respond to our request for accurate and timely information
- Contribute to solutions to address our challenges.
- Not to offer gifts, favors or inducements to our staff
- Abide by legal requirements
- Suppliers to provide appropriate, timely goods and services
- Treat our staff with courtesy
To ensure the coordination of departmental activities;
- Hold technical planning committee meetings
- Attend sectoral committee resolutions
- Guide departmental heads of government
- Facilitate departmental activities.
Recruit staff with requisite knowledge skills and experience;
- Carry out advertisements, shortlisting, interviews, appointment, and deployment.
- Train and equip staff with relevant knowledge and skills.
Offer staff necessary welfare and motivation;
- Ensure salary payments by 28thday of the month
- Offer office imprest
- Providing mileage and kilometrage
- Support the human resource team to effectively manage the payroll
- Payment of pension and gratuity to beneficiaries.
To ensure a safe clear and conducive work environment;
- Payment of electricity bills
- Payment of water bills
- Payment for sanitary equipment and facilities
- Payment for slashing compound and trimming hedges
- Payment of wages for office cleaners
- Repair and maintenance of broken-down facilities
Network with national and international bodies and ministries;
- Providing timely reporting to ministries
- Receive national and international delegations
- Celebrate national and municipality functions
- Payment of co-funding for municipality programmes
- Payment of membership fees to affiliate associations
Identify training needs;
- Evaluate training programmes depending on our staff needs.
- Provide technical support to lower local governments and other local governments
- Carry out cost effective training abroad.
Disseminate municipal council information locally and internationally;
- Manage the municipal council website
- Coordinate the municipal council radio programs
- Facilitate the municipal council information officer to gather and disseminate information regarding the municipality.
- Provide and disseminate information with the provisions of the access to information Act 2005.