His Worship, the mayor Ssemwanga Godfrey
Welcome to the official website of Makindye Ssabagabo Municipality where we will interact and share ideas for the betterment of our municipality. The website is an information highway, intended to serve as a medium to communicate and highlight the activities, roles and responsibilities of the municipality.
Nonetheless, it is significant to note that the website is not replacing our custom modes of communication through which we get feedback from the public but will rather complement other channels that are instrumental for effective service delivery in the municipality.
As a municipality, we intend to harness the capabilities of technology to spur development and also showcase its immense potential to the world.
Lastly, let this website be an avenue for us to build a home for us to always cherish.
I thank you all and God bless.
His Worship, The mayor - Makindye Ssabagabo Municipality
Roles and Responsibilities of a Municipality Mayor
- The Mayor is the political head of the municipality and presides over meetings of the executive committee of the Municipality.
- Monitor the general administration of the Municipality.
- Monitor the implementation of council decisions;
- Subject to Section 79 of this act and Article 197 of the constitution, monitor and coordinate the activities of the Municipal and Town councils and of other lower local governments and administrative units in the municipality
- On behalf of the council, oversee the performance of persons employed by the government to provide services in the district and to monitor the provision of government services or the implementation of projects in the district;
- Coordinate and monitor government functions between the municipality and the government.
- The mayor provides guidance to the division administrations.
- He/she also heads the municipality in developing strategies and programmes for the development of the municipality.
- The mayor performs ceremonial and civic functions that may be necessary for the better functioning of the municipality council, or which may be incidental to the functions of mayor or imposed on the mayor by any law.
- The mayor shall abide by, uphold and safeguard the constitution, the district laws and other laws of Uganda and shall endeavor to promote the welfare of the citizens in the municipality.
- The subject to the constitution and this act, the functions conferred on the mayor may be exercised by the mayor directly or through elected or appointed officials subordinate to the mayor.
- The mayor shall, in the performance of his or her functions, be answerable to the municipality council.
- The mayor shall make a report to the council on the state of affairs in the municipality, at least once a year.
- The mayor hosts foreign and local dignitaries
His Worship, the Deputy Mayor - Kanaala Moses
The deputy mayor assists the Mayor in the performance of his or her functions and otherwise deputizes for the Mayor in his or her absence.